liquid/water seal drums are vessels that are used to separate the relief gases and the flare stack or any other ignition source by a layer of liquid. Water or any other liquid, selected as per the application, is normally the sealing fluid. The flare gas is forced to bubble through a layer of water before it reaches the flare stack. This prevents air or gas from flowing backward beyond the water seal. It is also used for maintaining the back pressure in the gas lines, for certain applications.key features
· works as flash back arrestor between the flare and the gas supply.
· it operates as an upstream pressure relief valve preventing gas flow from the inlet to the outlet.
· very low maintenance requirement.
· helps in smooth operation of the system.
· instrumentation & automation provided as per the requirement.advantages
· designed as api and asme to meet the international standards.
· prevents pulsing of the gas flow to the flare system.
· simple and cost effective design.
· reliable installation and proven technology.
· safety unit for whole gas system.